1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm having confused feelings about my new boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tri137, Mar 13, 2017.

1. tri137

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been having mixed feelings lately over my new boyfriend who i've been dating for a little over a month now. I like him and the way he treats me, he treats me pretty much exactly how i want to be treated by a guy, and i like how we share interests and stuff like that. However lately i've been thinking about how i'm not sure if i made the right choice with being his boyfriend because i'm not sure i like him as much as i originally thought.

This is also my first relationship since my breakup with my ex who i was in love with, so i'm not sure if those feelings are interfering with how i feel about my current bf.

I hope that these feelings will pass but im worried that they wont.
    Does anyone have any advice on what i should do about these feelings?

2. Sek

Sek

You are the one person in the world who understands you the most. Doubts have surfaced within you and now you must acknowledge them and figure out why they are knocking on your door. Once you know why you feel this way you must decide if you are going to answer them. This is not an easy decision to make because there could be many reasons you might feel this way.

Tri137, I recommend that you do some soul searching and become conscious of why you doubt your feelings. It could be that you simply are not on each other's wavelengths as much as you need from a partner, yet it could be that you still have not resolved your feelings for your past relationships as you have mentioned.

You are being called by your inner self to take the time to find the answers and discover more of yourself, so follow this calling and you will find the solution to your problem.

3. Mimikyu

If you felt the need to bring up your ex, chances are he is a factor in this. Keep in mind for now that love takes a lot of time and try not to compare him to your ex. I think right now it sounds like you need to figure out if you need more time to get over your ex or more time for love to grow with someone new.

4. Sawyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Agree with what the above two have said. In my personal life, if I meet a girl who just got out of a long term relationship (ex 5 years, and have only been broken up for 6 months or less), I am cautious because they might not be entirely over their ex, even if they were the one to initiate the break up?

Also, building a bond takes time. It's not as if you don't like him. If your feelings don't grow stronger three-sixmonths in, then maybe end it.

Choice is ultimately yours.

5. tri137

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recently had a talk with both my friend and my therapist and I have decided that it would be best just to end things with him. due to the fact that i'm not over my ex i can't really give him all my focus and that's not fair to him. i also think that i got into this relationship too soon and too fast. I really think that i need to be single for a while because i don't think i can really be in a relationship at this time. i feel bad that i'm about to break his heart but it wouldn't be right to stay in this relationship if i'm constantly having doubts and thinking about my ex.