1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would this be overstepping boundaries?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Renegades, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Prom is coming up for my school, and I am going with some of my straight friends. And I just had a thought to ask my old crush to go with me as her date. I still have slight feelings for her, most of which I have done my best to ignore. Brief backstory for those who don't know, I told her about my feelings awhile ago, and she rejected me, saying her life is too complicated for dating. I am for the most part over her, but I still want to be with her.

So back to the point of this, would be a little much to ask her to prom? I was thinking to leave a note on her chair asking her to prom, and explaining that I don't expect her to say yes, or anything else from her.

2. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No it wouldn't be overstepping boundaries because if you have feelings for her then when your ready you could ask her to the prom but if you don't it still wouldn't be overstepping boundaries because you would have alot off your chest and you would know what she really is like towards you.

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think that's a good idea. As long as it's all out in the open, and she knows it's not a "love trap" or anything. And it's good practice for you... in just being comfortably out without over-expecting things. Good luck! But don't be brokenhearted if she says no... she still prob has some issues.

4. Eyerene

I think this would work. A non-pressuring, simple note would be perfect for this situation. You'll have taken your chance but also you give her the option to say no.