1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you tell a girl you like them?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by OnceUponAMeme, Mar 20, 2017.

1. OnceUponAMeme

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This girl is one of my closest friends and she's 100% heterosexual, let's call her M. I was talking to someone about who i like and M starting wanting to know who it was. Then after I wouldn't tell her she got upset that some of my other friends know who i like but i wont tell her. So I'm now going to tell M i like her. Question is: How does one do that and not totally destroy your friendship. Any advice will be appreciated.

2. covert direwolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi,

I don't think I'll be able to offer you the best of advice, but I'm going through a similar situation with one of my closest friends as well. She has friend zoned me multiple times, but at the same time leads me on. This isn't about me, though.

If I got the courage to tell this girl I liked her, I would make a move. Maybe hug her for that second too long that makes it more than friendly or brush a lock of hair out of her face and see how she reacts. If she feels attraction for you, she would probably respond better in those situations because it's more in the moment and her feelings might cloud her straight girl mindset of thinking that being with another girl isn't her thing. Outright telling her, however, might get you the simple response of her telling you she's straight.

That's the best that I can offer at least. My family is homophobic, and I didn't accept that I was a lesbian for two years after I had known within myself. However, I've never done this, so my advice comes from being a girl that had once thought she was 100% straight. If she's been giving you signs that she likes you, then I would go with my way, but if she hasn't, then I don't know what you should do. For me personally, if I don't think a relationship has a chance, I won't let the other person know I'm interested in them.

Good luck, and do whatever you think is right.

3. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you don't tell her.. I am afraid at one point one of your friends who does know will say something to her. The best advice I can give is to flat out tell her, especially since bottling it up isn't good either and it is better to tell her personally instead of her finding out from someone else. As for how to tell her? Talk to her at a time when it's just the 2 of you. Ease any tension by just hanging out.. go play a game or go to the mall with her or something.. Whatever is fun for the both of you. At some point, as long as you feel relaxed, just tell her how you feel and then tell her you understand that she may not feel the same way, but you want to at least remain friends. If she is a good friend, she will understand, and try to make the friendship still work. But who knows? She may possibly be more open to it. You will never know unless you try.