1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm always overthinking

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MrWheelz, Mar 22, 2017.

1. MrWheelz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently came out to a friend. He is actually more of an acquaintance mainly because we communicate through Facebook most of the time. A couple of nights ago he randomly sent me a shirtless picture. He was laying on his back on his bed making a stupid face. I can't deny that I think he is attractive. He has a girlfriend and seems genuinely straight. So my question is, why did he send the picture? Was he just being stupid and didn't care about being shirtless. Or was he intentionally trying to get a reaction from me?

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like he is probably curious, and your coming out to him opened the door for him to express that curiosity. If he is more of an acquaintance, and mainly a Facebook friend, let him know you find it attractive. What do you have to lose?

3. Sek

Sek

Unfortunately none of us are him.. so we cannot tell you why he did what he did. Though be careful, some straight guys like to have their egos stroked by gays. The best way to avoid this problem is to just stay away from people who don't seem genuine.

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey MrWheelz,

As Sek said, only he can really tell you why he did that, but straight guys often aren't at all shy about sending other guys shirtless pics. He probably didn't even think anything of it.

If you really want to press the issue a little bit, you could do as OnTheHighway suggested and tell him that you find him attractive - or at least you found that picture that he sent to be very attractive. Then, if he reacts at all negatively, you could just tell him that you were joking with him/messing around and laugh it off.

Just some thoughts.:slight_smile: