1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My clingy yet reserved and false signalling friend.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Iamsolo, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Iamsolo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My best friend (who I have a crush on) is this really clingy yet really reserved friend at the same time. Let me explain. We met by simply cuddling together and have grown to best friends since then according to him. Since then I've noticed that he ONLY hangs out with other friends. And I mean ONLY, its usually this one friend who they act really gay together and it kind of makes me jealous but I assume that's normal. There's a slim chance that he'll do stuff with me instead of his other friend. HOWEVER, if the one friend is gone then he'll choose another friend with. I always have to take the initiative to play with him. Whether its with him and his friends or me and him alone. If I'm his last option however then he'll eventually take the initiative if he really wants to. For example: He asks for me to come to his locker with him because our lockers are fairly far apart, but would rather sacrifice his entire family than come to mine. But he'll willingly go to his other friends locker.

This has occasionally made me feel really bad so in order to stop my heart continuously being smashed I've started ignoring him, its gone on for two days now and he still hasn't noticed. Other than this he's a really great friend and I'd hate to lose him.

2. choni

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How long ago was this when he said you were best friends? Did it seem forced or not genuine? You said he's reserved. He might like you but is too nervous or is scared of you, believe it or not, so he doesn't initiate anything out of fear. If you really like him, I would say keep taking the initiative until he starts to come around or he tells you he's not interested

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Based on this story your friend does not sound clingy at all. Quite frankly based on what you have told it sounds more like you are his reserve friend rather than any first class friend.

Having said that you did not give much information. I don't mean this in a bad way but you sound way more needy and clingy than your friend. After all, it is him who is ignoring you and you who is desiring his attention...

How old are you guys?

4. Iamsolo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    To be fair I left out A LOT of incredibly important details. For example he'd spam me if I didn't answer a single call and would freak out. All the time out of no where he would hug me. These are some examples to help it be clearer.

---------- Post added 27th Mar 2017 at 07:34 PM ----------

And, I've been friends with him for a year, I'm actually much smaller and weaker than him so I doubt I'd be scaring him if anything he'd be scaring me. It didnt seem all that genuine though.