1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High School Crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dailystruggles, Mar 23, 2017.

1. dailystruggles

Hi all,

I need some advice! While in high school I had/have (currently we are still friends) a friend that we can call Dan. Dan and I have been friends since about 7th grade, and I have always had a crush on him. Like one of those straight fuckboy crushes everyone has.

As I mentioned everyone assumed he was straight, and he played the role very well. As I got older and around junior year my "gaydar" (if there's such a thing) started alerting me that maybe Dan MAYBE is gay. I told one my very very close friends about it, as I was in the closet all through high school, but she knew I was gay.

She also, thought the same thing, and others in our friend group had said the same thing apparently. So, it was possible he was gay, but that was the end of it. Let's skip ahead to after high school graduation.

As of last week Dan came out to a bunch of the girls in our high school friend group. One of the girls told me about it. He goes to school about 6 hours away from home, and he is only telling people in person, which is why I'm assuming he wanted to hangout w/ me last week, but I was unavailable (damn right).

So, here is where I need advice. I cannot stop thinking about Dan like I literally feel like I'm in love again (was in a past relationship, but he cheated). So, how do you all think I should deal with this. Like it's hard to focus on things, and I keep having the need to check his social media, and seeing if he saw my snap stories.

I will not see Dan until probably may when class gets out for the year. So, I'm not even sure if he would even like me which turns my stomach inside out.

2. Asterion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does he know about your sexuallity? If he does not then when he comes out to you you can mention it to him and maybe even tell him that you had a crish on him in middle school or something and see how he reacts. If he takes it well you can try to flirt with him or something.
    Also, are you sure you are not going to see him until may? Is he not going home on Easter ?