1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

straight friend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wulfy, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Wulfy

I know that almost all of you have heard this one before but i'm still gonna take the time to write this anyways. I'm in high school and my friend Austin is in two of my classes. We have been friends for about two years now but I've never told him that I'm bi. (I've only told about three or four people) I told one of my friends over text that i was bi and that I liked Austin because I couldn't do it in person. That friend left their phone on as the went to the bathroom when they were at Austin's house with another friend of mine. He looked on her phone and saw the whole conversation and later told my friend that he had read it off her phone. I think that he may have told Austin but I don't want to ask him about it directly because I don't want to mess up our friendship. I've only seen him once since then and he didn't seem to act any different. (Maybe he doesn't know or maybe he knows but thinks that i don't know that he knows...) Sorry for the long post but i really need some advice on what to do next! Thanks!

#1 Wulfy, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2017
  2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could sit tight, do nothing and wait and see, but that's probably going to keep you in this tense and anxious place of not knowing. Alternatively, you could approach the friend who read the text and ask them what (if anything) they intend to do with the information. As long as you ask in a calm and reasonable way and don't confront them, it should be fine. If they are a good friend, they'll say nothing to Austin without your consent. The third option is to speak to Austin yourself.