1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it time for me to break ties?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by striderdile, Mar 25, 2017.

1. striderdile

I've been in a rather rocky relationship for 6 years with someone who as fluctuated from identity to identity, that has been around me during my mental breakdowns and during my own movements in my identity. Recently, I've noticed us drifting apart. I have almost 0 sexual attraction to them and they get horrifically upset / borderline abusive with me when I deny them any sexual gratification. We fight constantly, we always bicker, I have to give up sleep to stay up with them if they are having a moment of false anxiety (I know it is false due to attention-getting tactics I've caught them doing.)

I dont know what to do. I feel like the only reason I'm with them is because I'd feel awful if they hurt themselves if we DID break up. Idk. I guess I more just wanted to vent a bit a bout it.:bang:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you have to ask strangers, then often you have a gut feeling for the answer. Sometimes relationships, even friendships, don't last, and that's okay. Being with them doesn't seem to improve anything, and they must take responsibility for their actions. Don't let a guilt trip take over your life. One thing you can do is refer them to a professional counselor.

You deserve someone who treats you with respect and is willing to improve themselves.

3. loepis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just got in a fight with my gf. She broke my spectacles and called me useless. It turned physical and I decided to leave the house. From time to time, we always got in a fight because I am still in the closet with only a very few people know about us. Our relationship suffers a lot from communication issues and after 10 years, I have had enough. Lately, I feel that I am always the one to blame for things. I feel too tired and talk to someone doesn't help. I feel that she always asks for things according to her standards which I cannot take it anymore. Everytime we fight and subject of breaking up gets mentioned, she often demandse to give 50% or 100% of my assets for her time wasted. I cannot speak for her if that is just talk or truth. I am outside and contemplating my next course of actions. I know that I have my issues with coming out, but I just cannot see the reason to stay in this relationship.

---------- Post added 2nd Apr 2017 at 04:13 PM ----------

We always get into fight every 3 months or so. I guess I didn't want to admit that this is not working anymore. I am tired of fighting and crying and getting back together and back to fighting again. I told her to shut up from asking me to make friends because me staying in the closet is holding her and us back. I think we are not meant for each other as we are trying too hard.