1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like shit

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by codysmith, Mar 27, 2017.

1. codysmith

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm getting back with my ex but I feel like crap because I feel like I stole him from the guy he dated after me. That guy was so happy with him and my ex and that guy are still friends and close. my ex said if I ever want him to stop being friends with him he will cut him off. I want to do that because I don't want him being friends with his ex but at the same time I know the guy and I don't want to hurt him because all he's ever wanted was a best friend and my ex is his best friend. My ex isn't into that guy like at all but I want to call things off so they can date and that guy can be happy. It's weird, I don't care about my happiness or my ex's happiness. All I want is for that guy to be happy.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How can your ex be that guy's best friend and yet tell you he will cut off that guy if you want? That seems like a weak friendship, not a strong one. While you may want the other guy to be happy, you know you can't force your ex to like him. Besides, why did you break up in the first place?