1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling in Love/Dating Straight Guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by warrior452, Mar 27, 2017.

1. warrior452

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is a revision of an earlier post, because I felt like it was unclear what I was asking.

There's this guy. I don't know him really well. I definitely enjoy spending time with him. He's one of those people that at least, generally speaking, is very upbeat and optimistic. He's got a good sense of humor, and he's not too bad looking.

He's also the only younger guy I'm out to. And he's straight.

We went out for a night on the town with a mixed group of coworkers, friends, and siblings to a movie.

He's interested in my sister. He rode in my car so he could be near her, but she wants nothing to do with him and ignored him the whole night.

I wasn't expecting to feel like this, but he was really attractive. (Not to say he's a bum) but he doesn't usually work too hard on his appearance. But he dressed up, and did his hair, and was wearing cologne.

My sister ignored him, and so he and I sat and talked for the 30 minute ride to the theater. Once we got there, we sat a few rows behind everyone, just the two of us, and laughed and talked (we had the theater pretty much to ourselves) and I had a really great time. He said he did too.

After I dropped him off at his apartment, he said "We should do this again sometime."

My questions/issues are:

1.) I don't relate all that well, guy or girl. So I'm not sure what he's thinking, or if he even has any idea what I was thinking that night. I don't want to ruin a friendship with the only guy who knows and accepts me for me.
    2.) Because of above, I walk on eggshells anyways. Even with super strong friendships, I'm afraid I can never be friends with guys my age, because they feel like I would hit on them (I know that's giving way to stereotypes, but it is what it is) and I 'm afraid that if I was honest with him about the way I feel, that would happen, and I would lose the possibility of a friendship. Also, I don't want to be a creep about it.
    3.) Not even sure if it's love/a crush, or if I'm just emotional/lonely. I haven't felt this way since I moved away from the one guy I ever fell in love with.

Help?

2. Iamsolo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Judging by everything you've said, I suggest waiting it out to see how your feelings develop or change, you could have just been attracted to his fancy look. But I also suggest not telling him unless you're absolutely certain he won't get creeped out.

3. heythere999

Don't read too much into that comment. It could mean:

A. He's just being polite
    B. He can tell you're attracted to him and he's the kind of sicko who likes getting attention from anyone
    C. He's saying that so that he could have potentially more opportunities to be around your sister

I mean, it could be what you think it means, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Don't waste time on anyone who isn't out to you!

4. CameOutSwinging

Nothing about that sounded like he's interested. Friends say "we should do this again sometime" to friends when they had fun. Sounds platonic to me.

5. warrior452

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, you're right. Honestly, that's not a bad thing, because at this point I just need a bro - someone who's fun to hang with and who's gonna have my back.

I think I was just in a weird place that night, and was overthinking things. Thanks for the replies!