1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I even bother?! :/

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by treasure1996, Mar 31, 2017.

1. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Not long ago I met this girl through a social organisation I volunteer at. There is about 50 of us and we come together every once and a while to discuss ideas and so on. I knew she was gay as I had seen her on a dating app so I approached her one day and said I'd like to get to know her, to which she said she'd add me on social media and we could organise to hang out with some of the other people we volunteer with.

A few nights ago we went out with 3 other people. I wasn't close with any of them and was quite nervous before going. When I got there we immediately began having a great time and having drinks. She offered to buy me one and bought me a few during the night and I did the same.

I was unsure if she knew I was gay but we began talking and she mentioned something LGBT related and I decided to acknowledge the reference and say 'It's great how much that has helped OUR community'. We then told each other we were both gay, spoke about our high school experiences and coming out stories. We just got a long so well and I really liked her.

We danced a lot and at one point she said 'Do you want to go somewhere more quiet' and we had a really good in depth conversation away from the others. When I left we hugged and she said we'd have to hang out again soon (apart from our volunteering).

In the morning I got a message from her asking if I got home safe, and then I said I had a really good night and I would love to hang out again soon, she said the same and that 'We should go somewhere more quiet'. I'm not sure if she's implying a date like thing? And I'm not even sure if this means she's into me... I'm an over thinker.

I said I'd think of somewhere cool to go and let her know soon. Here's the thing.. she leaves in a few months to go to another country to play sport for 4 years. What on earth am I doing? She's so sweet and well spoken and very sure in who she is, I just got such great vibes and I've always dealt with girls who are either narcissists or manipulative and controlling. I really like her, but this is a problem isn't it? Any advice? And also does she like me? Or is she interested or could she perhaps be being friendly...?

2. Really

I think you should just go with it. She likes you enough to want to hang out some more and even if it's just as friends, why deny yourself the opportunity to have some good times over the next few months.

Don't put expectations on her or yourself. If she's nice, enjoy her company while you can. You never know. You may become lifelong friends or possibly more but you'll never know if you second guess the future.

So...have fun!

3. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm an overthinker too so I can relate to all that! But overthinking this too much could lead you to miss out on a nice opportunity for a friendship (or more.)

I do think there is some evidence that shows she likes you. You two seem to have connected on your night out. Also in the follow up text when you mentioned hanging out again she agreed and said, 'we should go somewhere more quiet.' I know I wouldn't make the 'somewhere more quiet' suggestion to someone who I wasn't attracted to.

I wouldn't worry about her leaving in a few months. You could develop a nice relationship in that time...whether it's friendship or something more. You already know you enjoy talking with each other. I would definitely go out with her again and see where this goes. I would just take this one step at a time, don't focus on her leaving. I'm not sure what the situation is with her going to a different country to play a sport for four years, but most likely she will still be visiting her home country during this time. Best of luck!