1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys vs girls?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by target, Apr 5, 2017.

1. target

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey :slight_smile:

Some of you who have read my previous posts might know that I have struggled slightly with working out whether I'm attracted to guys. I identify as gay (and have finally accepted it), and I'm pretty sure that's my sexual orientation, but I seem to struggle slightly with the romantic side.

Over the last month or so I've met a few female friends and have realised that I have a slightly deeper 'liking' for them. I don't know quite how to put it, but I think it could be described as a stronger-than-normal appreciation for their personality. If I extrapolated this feeling, I don't think I could see myself in a relationship with them (i.e. ultimately living with them) or doing romantic things with them (kissing, cuddling etc.)

I find that I have the opposite with guys. Generally speaking, I could see myself in a relationship with them or doing romantic things with them, but I don't feel quite the same level of 'liking' as I have discovered with these girls over the last month or so. This leaves me feeling a bit confused. I don't quite know why I feel like this - whether it's just that I don't let my guard down as much with guys (I read somewhere that's a common guy-to-guy thing - kind of a caveman response). I mentioned this to my mum and she made an excellent point that I haven't really been around many guys my age who I know are gay or bi, so perhaps I need to find a way to spend some more time around them, or perhaps there's something else going on (maybe I'm nearer the middle of the Kinsey scale than I previously thought).

Some opinions would be much appreciated please :slight_smile:

2. Najlen

I think it's likely that you just haven't met a guy who you clicked with in that way yet. Or you might just be more inclined to have close friendships with women. I have gone through something similar, I only recently met a guy who I clicked with in that way.

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Quite possible. We guys are indoctrinated into that before we can help it. Grr society...

Smart mom.

This isn't much advice, more like affirmation that you're thinking along the right lines. Good luck!

4. CharacterStudy

I like your mum. Good advice.

5. target

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks guys, much appreciated. Sorry for the delayed response :slight_smile: