1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Communication problems :/

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by galaxygia, Apr 6, 2017.

1. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I might be dating someone?? We acknowledged that we like each other but we got cut off in our conversation because my [friend? crush? girlfriend? boyfriend? They're nonbinary so I don't have a clue as to how I would refer to them in the event we do date] had to get ready for a horse show.

We haven't talked about it since then, which was almost a month ago now. I've made efforts but I never get a reply. I'm almost to the point of confronting them in real life, but I'm scared that someone will listen in on us as the only time I really see them is during school in the hallways bc they're a sophomore (10 grade) and I'm a freshman (9).

I know I should be patient when they're trying to figure out their feelings but I HATE being in limbo. They could at least tell me they're trying to figure it out instead of just ignoring all my attempts at communication.

I really like them and I want to make this easy for them but at the same time I really just want to know what we are or how long they're going to sit on this. I don't really have a problem with thinking about it for a while as long as I know that's what page we're both on and we set up a time where we can check in again and talk about it. I really want to handle this like an adult and set our relationship a level above the other relationships at my school which are like "so-and-so likes you you should date him".

Any advice offered is definitely appreciated :slight_smile:

#1 galaxygia, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  2. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I forgot to mention that they also like someone else in their grade, should I still date them if they like someone else in addition to me but probably will never get together with that other person? Is this a red flag? Or can I brush past it and still pursue a relationship with this person?

3. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know for sure, but the fact that they like someone else and that they don't reply to you sound like red flags until they resolve both of these things. If you're really devoted, you could wait it out and keep sending messages online, and the persistance could do the trick.
    As for non-binary friendly ways to call them if you both end up dating...

- In a strong Russian accent: Comrade (lol I think this is more "friendly romantic" or plain communist in english, but I know this can often equate to "romantic partner" in Taiwan and even China nowadays )
    - Partner
    - Bae: before anyone else (personal favorite, short and sweet!)
    - Honey (i guess this could be used among close friends too tho)
    - Significant other
    - special friend (idk this one sounds a bit more sketchy to me but it's up to you)
    - lover (going back to more romantic stuff)
    - Boo

4. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think there are some red flags here, but I also just have to commend you: you are acting like an adult, or better like a mature thoughtful person. (Thank your parents/guardians for this. They must have done something really well.)

I suspect the outcome of this is that some other nice girl will be lucky enough to date you. Hope it happens soon!

Skittlz, that is a great list! I always favored "sweetie" but that's more of a when-we're-alone term. There's always "bestie" too, but that is a little less romantic and more friend-ish.