1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid Parents

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Justinian20, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Justinian20

My parents are so stupid, god I'm so annoyed at them. Like my dad is basically saying I can't wear Pink because he is bloody conservative, and my mom just is doing the same thing. I hate having conservative parents. I wish I had a dad who didn't make me feel horrible. The problem is they think that I am not the person I am today because I never expressed myself as a kid. But I am this person and don't they realize that being myself has made me happier. I am proud and happy that I can dress in Pink and I really would like to wear nail polish and makeup but those stupid conservative views of my parents stop me from being myself and I can't talk to them or they'll say, "I have a narrow minded view, I should be thinking of the big picture."

I'm just happy being out and being able to be myself, but I guess they don't want me happy, they would rather I be depressed and sad and wanting to kill myself again. I won't go back there again, I don't care if I go against my parents, at least I'll be happy and not sad all the time.

2. RenlyTargaryen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Trust me, you're not the only one. My dad is very stupid when it comes to authority, he even told my sister that cutting her hair without him knowing was wrong and subversive. He's always saying stuff like that, and my mom just lets him say whatever he wants. This kind of parents just care about being seen as the one in charge rather than actually concerning about their kids' happiness. It's just the way they were taught and the only way they hold true. It's disgusting.
    Just ignore their views, as they'll most likely not change. Go ahead and be yourself, they already had their boring lives and you shouldn't let them control yours. However, I'd be very careful if I still depended of them; you always need to act smart. Be patient, it gets better.

3. Luka99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Did you know originally pink clothes were for boys and blue for girls?

But yeh, doesn't sound like your parents will change. So unlike you don't want to face any of the consequences they might put on it, just do what you want and remember... There are other people out there who WILL accept you for you.
    You just cant win everyone over sadly, although I understand it's more complicated if its family that is in that category.

And maybe you can also do some research and find an article or two that might help your parents change their perspective a bit, if you dont want to give up trying just yet?

4. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    God bless you for being yourself even when facing antagonistic parents with narrow minded points of view. Honestly I kind of know how you feel because my dad is a big old repulican't. Seriously....he is. I want to have to courage to be like, "I give myself permission to be myself. Your or anypony else's approval is not needed." which sounds like you're kind of doing.

Be yourself. Life is too bloody short to try to live up to someone else's narrow minded view of how you should look, act, dress like, etc. Stay awesome!

#4 Ushiromiya Red, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2017