1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should we tell our other best friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Shadowgirl37, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Shadowgirl37

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I have 2 best friends and all three of us are really close. To keep their privacy I will refer to them as Kate and Amelia (those are not their real names). Amelia and I are gay, and out to Kate. We each came out to her one at a time. We are also dating. But I don't know if/how we should tell Kate. I don't want Kate to feel like now we won't hang out with her, or that kind of thing, so what do you guys think?

2. ichigoael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If I were you, I'd tell Kate. Otherwise, it would make Kate feel left out and betrayed. She's your best friend, and as your friend, she would understand the restrictions and the limitations of hanging out as a triumvirate. Just tell her how you guys truly feel, and clarify all situations that may become a big misunderstanding. Don't hide anything from each other or bottle things up, it causes problems to grow bigger. Talk. Language is a significant tool to express your feelings to one another.

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tell her this. It's amazing (yes I'm being a little ironic) how well people understand when you explain. Also... put yourself in her place. These things have probably already been spinning around in her head. I mean, it's not like teenage girls don't (over)think things a lot. Hehe.

So she's probably wondering "Why don't they tell me?" "Am I going to lose them?" Etc. You're young (sorry for bringing it up) so get some good practice doing the right thing. It will pay off now and in the future.