1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I message him on the dating site to reestablish contact between us?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by alpet, Apr 9, 2017.

1. alpet

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, I have been meeting with this man 2-3 times a year for the last 3 years, when he comes to my city on business from a neighboring country. We like each other but distance makes things harder,too.

He's a bit inconsistent - for example, we had once arranged to meet the following day but he didn't write at all, saying at least that something came up, etc..Anyway, he won't give much importance to such "minor details" - as he would consider them.
    On the other hand, he complains about me not initiating contact often with him on whatsapp..

We haven't talked for 3 months, and I'm missing him considerably these days, even though we may not be more than sexdates..The hitch is I don't have his number anymore. I erased it..due to lack of contact ?!

Should I now message him on his profile on the dating site? Or wait for him to write me? Thanks.

2. alpet

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I apologize for having accidentally posted the thread twice..

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey alpet,

I'd just ask why you continue to interact with this guy. Don't you think you'd be better off finding a real, local boyfriend?

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Quantumreality. Why would you want to be with someone who has already shown himself to be flaky, unreliabie, and not very considerate of your needs? You deserve better.

5. Luka99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeh. Sounds like you miss being in a relationship / having intimate contact with other people more then you miss this guy. He sounds like bad news for you. I would try finding someone who you can see yourself being in a relationship with and who is equally interested in you. Take care of yourself! :slight_smile:

6. alpet

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks guys for the thoughtful input..
    Luka99, you hit the nail on the head by saying: "Sounds like you miss being in a relationship / having intimate contact with other people more then you miss this guy."

7. CameOutSwinging

I'm guessing you deleted his number before because you were upset that he wasn't contacting you and decided to be done with him. Trust that initial decision. Especially since he clearly hasn't contacted you in this time (you'd have his number again if he did).