1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush drunk texts me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Robishere, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like I've been posting about this boy a lot, but what can I do? I'm trying to analyze every aspect of our relationship as friends before making any advancements.

Anyways, I just wanted to touch on something that happens every so often. He drunk texts me. Late last night he basically spammed my phone with typo ridden drunk texts. Here's sober versions of what he sent:

"Duuuude"
    "You know I love you like a brother, right?"
    "There is nothing that can ever change that."
    "I love you so much man, even if we're not blood related."
    "I'm always gonna love you like a brother."
    "Take care, I love you. I really do."

He's done this multiple times before. Basically, whenever he has too much to drink, he ends up sending me texts that say pretty much the same thing as the ones above. Always. I have no idea what to interpret from them. Should I ignore them or might they mean something?

2. Pugman

Well I know alcohol can make people pretty emotional so maybe he just gets super sappy while drinking. Is he going through a rough time? Maybe he is trying to hint that he wants to talk but he doesn't have the courage while sober.

3. ichigoael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "You don't know how to love me when you're sober." -Selena Gomez :wink:

Honestly, with regards to your previous threads, why don't you just confront him with your feelings? It'll just keep bugging you and pestering you and keep you late up at night trying to decipher every little message or hint that he may be giving. I honestly don't want to live that way, and it irks me to my core. So, I suggest maybe, talk to him?

But, on the other side, since he's drunk and he practically texted you..... "..Ily like a brother.." Might he be receiving subtle hints from you that you like him? I'm not sure, but if I were in your position, I'd ponder on that idea, too. Although I'm sure you want him to see you more than as his "brother." So, I'm a little certain you'd eventually want to talk to him about your side of your story. Take your time, talk when you're ready, no need to be in a rush and just go with the flow. :slight_smile:

Sorry if I came a little off-topic. LOL.

4. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you are going to need to talk to him directly...because I would say what you are doing right now just keeping you stuck.

Attempting to analyze every text message, to find meaning in them (or not) in an attempt to 'collect data' before acting is just spinning your wheels. And it sounds like you have already spent a lot of time doing just this. But only direct communication will get you a real answer. I know it's scary, because there is always the risk of rejection. Which in the short-term will hurt of course (we all have been rejected!) but in the long term as you reflect back on it I think taking this risk will be empowering. Best of luck!