1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really struggling to ask someone out.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Twisted777, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Twisted777

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's this girl who I'm pretty much obsessed with, I feel like I'm having a heart attack just passing her in the hallway, and she's gorgeous and funny and clever etc. - all the usual stuff, clichés everywhere.

Basically, I think I'm love - which seems dumb because I barely know her.

I've not spoken to her face to face since the end of last year (only because we did a college project together), we've had brief chats on facebook messenger - although it's mostly me just asking her questions and her answering, she doesn't seem all that interested.

I've spent the last two days going on messenger every couple of hours, and whenever she's 'active now' I'll write something like - 'Hey.', or 'You doing anything fun this holiday?' (We've got a two week Easter break, I'm already bored), then I delete it...it's not that it's hard to start/have a conversation (certainly very easy to send a message), but I'm finding it impossible to start one where I can move onto asking her out, especially without looking weird.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Find the connection! I think your question about what she's doing for the holiday is a good one. If you remember anything about her interests, you could try to tie them into something you noticed recently (maybe a film, a funny meme, some picture, etc.).

---------- Post added 11th Apr 2017 at 10:00 PM ----------

Also, you could try pointing out something you saw on her facebook page.