1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should I talk?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Walking, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Walking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is this guy I like. He is a year younger than me, and I think he is so cute. (Stereotypical blah blah blah). He keeps posting on instagram these " cute couple with ___ " "dm me with a name" or " 1 for crush,2 for wants to date ,3 for I think you're cute .........."
    I really want to tell him but I don't know him well and he doesn't probably even know my name. Should I tell him and risk the awkwardness in the hall way if he doesn't agree and etc......?? Or should I just leave him be?

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Walking,

I’m a little confused by your post. Is this guy that you’re interested in posting pictures of cute heterosexual couples or same-sex couples? Do you know if he’s gay/bi?

3. Walking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I guess I'll just rephrase the post.

There is this guy in my school that I like. He is a grade lower than me. I don't know if he's straight gay or whatever. He's single. He keeps posting things like " it's single night: let me know if you like me or etc ...." on instagram. I want to respond, but I'm afraid I'll scare him or something weird. I don't want to walk in the halls and regret it every time I see him.
    So should I tell him I like him or just leave him alone?

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Walking,

From what I see on your profile, you are only Out to a few people. I would say that your biggest risk (if you aren't ready to be Outed at your school) is that if you approach him, he will know that you are interested in guys and could spread the word.

Compared to that, the idea that he might just turn you down and make things awkward when you see him in the hallways (assuming he keeps his mouth shut about your approach to him) would seem like a minor inconvenience, wouldn't you say?

Does he have a Facebook page or some other social media page where he lists his sexuality?

Do you have any mutual friends that you could talk to? If he keeps posting about it being "single night" and asking if someone's interested in him, he almost certainly isn't shy about telling people around him what kind of date he's looking for.

Just some thoughts.