1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Misnamimg continues :(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ushiromiya Red, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello ec friends

Sorry to type this post on an Easter Sunday but it has to be said. Now my dad's girlfriend is calling me by the wrong name. And you know.she knows.cuz my dad told.her. How do.I get my fucking so called.family still calls me by my *dead/birth name*. It hurts! How do I deal.with this?! With his girlfriend not respecting my new name too...I guess I thought she would be different..I HOPED she would be the exception. Guess I...was.wrong :tears:.

I feel so alone. What do I do? How.do.I handle this? I can't seem to ignore it cuZ I'm.of cojr course programmed to answer to my dead name. I just....how do I correct them? They all KNOW! HOW.DO.I.correct them to start calling me "Sora"? Yes..that is.my real.name. I'm Sora now. I know it seems odd but this name has meaning to me.

I know I've posted about this before but this time it is different. It is a matter of even if I Do try to correct them it will never change.here I will give an Example....

Ok this is my brother's nurse (he's special needs) and I POLITELy corrected her. It went down like this about last week.

"see you later *dead name*"

I said, "ok see you lateR. And it is Sora" now these may not be the exact words but I thought o said it in a decent and civil tone. So.later I get a call from my dad saying how I will have "two names for the rest of.my life" and "The nurse (won't name names.here) said you snapped at her when she called.you *dead name*" I rolled.my eyes cuz I knew I wasn't mean and I had a RIGHT OR AT LEAST I THOUGHT I DID to go by the name i changed. He will Never call me Sora. This whole bloody weekend.has been *DEAD NAME* *DEAD NAME* IT HURTS! I'M BROKEN.INSIDE BY THIS AND it doesn't seem to matter to anypony. :tears:

Again correcting them.doesn't do.any good. I want to ignore them. How do.i correct them? How do i make it stop? My heart is broken because i feel like.i.can't be my true self
    Help! Somepony please help! I'm desperate here! :help:

2. Cory675

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hang in there, Sora.
    People often don't change overnight. It takes some time. It seems like people in your family lack sensitivity. The best thing to do would be to perhaps have a heart to heart chat with them and explain to them exactly why it hurts when they call you by your dead name. Do this calmly without accusing. Bear in mind that their lack of sensitivity comes from a lack of education and the fact that they are unable to put themselves in your shoes. Show them a bit of compassion, and they will most likely show you more too. They need to understand that it is something that really hurts you, for real and that you're not just being difficult with them or trying to get attention. If you don't think you're able to do this with them in person, perhaps write a letter.

Hang in there. It will get better :slight_smile: