1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I may have a crush on my best friends girlfriend/my best friend.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Eldridge, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Eldridge

So, recently I've been talking to my best friends girlfriend a lot more. I was friends with her before they were together I was even probably better friend with her than my friend was before they got together.

She's such a great person and she understands my situation and I'm her ear and she's mine we just talk and give eachother advice about things because we're basically two girls at a sleep over and I thing that's how she feels about it like she's telling me things that i wouldn't expect a girl to tell a guy, especially the friend of her boyfriend.

But I've been having this nagging feeling that I may have a crush on her that or I'm forming a proper bond with her where I'm comfortable to talk to her about things. Like I don't think I want to be with her in that way, I mean she's stunning. One of a kind personality and beautiful. Looks like Kat dennings a little. But I don't know if I want to date her or have This amazing friendship. I think its the latter but I have worries that it might be the former.

I don't know how to figure it out though.

2. Cory675

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I imagine you must be quite young. Be patient with yourself. The fact that you feel ambivalent at this time is probably normal given that you have bonded a lot with her. Only time will tell whether you develop stronger feelings for her. If you don't desire physical intimacy with her, you may just be developing an emotional attachment. However, if you notice that you also really desire physical intimacy, a little bit of distance would perhaps be healthy.

3. Eldridge

I'm 17, I say crush because at the moment the feelings arent really strong I'm trying not to focus on them because she's such a great friend. I've hadn't feelings for her before similar to this and it was a really another point where I was getting close to her that's may just be emotional attatchment and that's what I'm hoping for but I'm worried it's not because I don't want to lose her or my best friend

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2017 at 02:58 PM ----------

It could be that fact that I feel a special bond with her because she's ome of the few people who didn't make a big deal of my sexuality or gender, and straight away accepted it and apart from opening up new paths of conversation it didn't change anything. She's knows things that not even her boyfriend (one of my best friends) knows. And it could just be this bond from telling her that and the acceptense that I received from her straight away. I mean we've talked about movies and music and she's consoled in me over things and I've done the same with her, we've planned days out and shopping sprees and she's gonna help
    Me with make up and clothes and she's okay with everything this is why I'm the original post I swooned over her. She's amazing, funny, comforting, accepting, easy going, beautiful as anyone you have ever seen, she's down to earth and over all one of the greatest people I know and I'm proud to call her my friend I just hope that it is just friend and that I don't want more.

#3 Eldridge, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2017