1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys tell me I'm not the only one

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RainbowArtNerd, Apr 17, 2017.

1. RainbowArtNerd

I know that some people like the idea of marrying young, but I can't help but feel that it's a little irresponsible in today's world to marry at 20. Waiting even a couple years gives people the chance to grow together as a couple before getting married and possibly have/adopt children. I have seen far too many people think that things will magically be a fairy tale once they get married and it just seems frankly a little out of touch with reality. Don't get me wrong the idea is charming and sometimes works for people, I just think for most people it makes more sense to discover life and each other before the next step. Am I crazy for thinking this?

2. AriKari

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The general consensus seems to be that it's a bit young to get married at that age, especially now compared to generations before us. People will do what they will, though. Personally, I think it's fine.
    I feel people, especially under 21, should put a little more thought into adopting at such a young age, but otherwise, as long as they can take care of that child it doesn't bother me a bit.