1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a misunderstanding?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ThatOneK1d, Apr 20, 2017.

1. ThatOneK1d

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alright so I was talking to a guy on a dating app awhile back and we hit it off pretty well. Oddly enough we had each others number but only used Snapchat for communication. First date went well and we planned another. Once the second date came around though, what happened was kind of weird.

The day of the second date I snapped him. It showed that he never opened it. And I just assumed that he wasn't into me and just flaked on me, which I accepted but was kind of bummed about because I liked him. But earlier this week it showed that he had sent a snap on the day we were supposed to go on the date and that I opened it on that same day. Which completely confused the hell out of me.

So I'm wondering if this was just a misunderstanding on both of our parts and we assumed we were both flaking on each other, and if I should even hit him back up, because I haven't even messaged him since then, nor has he.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey ThatOneK1d,

Well, of course, neither I nor you know what actually happened.

However, given the nature of most gay dating apps, the majority of guys are looking for one-time hookups. After that, sorry to say, you'd be 'old news.'

Certainly don't take it personally.

If you're looking for a real bf, maybe try different tactics. Such as going to a local LGBTQ center (and maybe volunteering, at least to meet other LGBTQ people who can also introduce you to their wider circle of LGBTQ people (and potential partners for you)). Or finding LGBTQ athletic/sports/hobby/interest groups that you might want to join in order to expand your LGBTQ social circles and, potentially, find a romantic partner.

Just some thoughts.:slight_smile:

#2 Quantumreality, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  3. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah. Don't take it personally.. but tbh, to me it sounds definitely like just a misunderstanding.

4. ThatOneK1d

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I'm not taking it personally. I just noticed it earlier this week that I apparently opened a message when I don't remember doing so. Didn't know if it was worth messaging him back since it's been a few weeks.

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, it seems like you should let it go and move on, wouldn't you say?

6. Missedchances

Snapchat also tends to accidentally open up snaps and doesnt notify you if they come to you occasionally depending on your phone and such