1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get over an ex

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 12 Armed Ducks, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Recently I had a break up with a boy I really admired. Thankfully he wasn't upset with me at all, he says he just didn't really want to be in a relationship right now. Initially I wasn't really that upset, it was a long distance relationship and it was hard because I really wanted to be closer to him physically, but recently I dreamt about him and this really made me miss him a whole lot. He never responds to my messages anymore. I feel like a part of me is missing. I feel empty.

2. photoguy93

I relate so much, the dream part is the truth. We can work to control our emotions throughout the day but dreams are sooooo hard sometimes. I remember I had a dream that I was standing on the sidewalk and saw the guy I like with one of the guys he likes and they were in the car getting ready to drive off.

It's really hard, I know - but look at what you can do to help it. You will feel like a part of you is missing, because it is. You opened up and gave of yourself.

In this instance, I would say that you need to let him go as best as you can. Block him or find a way to prevent yourself from looking him up all the time. Connect with other friends or find someone on here who you can just chat with (not saying another relationship at all!!!) Find a healthy coping mechanism.

Thinking of you!

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately, for me, I need to stop talking to the person completely to get over him. Only then can I start feeling sad and begin the breakup process. If there's any chance of talking even on an acquaintance level, I need time on my own (lots of it).

Keep yourself busy, you have to actively keep your mind off of the breakup. It's very difficult, but when you shift your focus to your own personal life to do things that makes you happy, you'll start to notice improvement.

#3 Jax12, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017