1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopeless Crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bisexualgirl, Apr 23, 2017.

1. bisexualgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm 17 this year and in my first year at a 2-year university prep school. There's this girl that I like, and she's a senior. She gives me the most confusing signals ever because she's very on-off all the time with her responses to me. For example, sometimes she'll just flat out ignore me and talk to my other friends, and she has this guy friend she's quite close to who's also a senior. We see each other a lot but don't talk much. When we do, however, she's slightly more affectionate towards me and seems to want to stick around me for longer even though I notice she's careful not to overdo it and cross a line. I also catch her glancing over at me from time to time. Do you think she likes me? What should I do? I got cheated on by an ex before and I don't want to rush into things too quickly again...

2. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey,

that sounds tough, from what you're writing I can understand that you're finding it hard to tell if she's into you. She definitely sounds very insecure...

Have you ever hung out after school, just the two of you?
    Is she out? And does she know you like girls? :slight_smile:

- Mia

3. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Let me impart some wisdom, from what I can tell in your situation is that you need to communicate your emotions towards her. Tell her if she's interested in you. I made the mistake of not communicating with my crush and it led to my downfall. Even if she's not the one just know that there are far better people out there. I have met my match and I'm glad I never got with my crush.

4. LostTribe

She might be flirting, but in a manipulative way of hot/cold game. You have to break this cycle or it will suck you further into the spiral. The best way to do this is to admit assertively your feelings and be ready to break all contact if she isn't into you, be ready to accept rejection. The hardest, the fastest and the safest path. I personally have bad experience with hot/cold players and don't recommend playing this signals game, it's dangerous for the mental health.