1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flakey girl or not interested?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by analogue, Apr 23, 2017.

1. analogue

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A few weeks ago, I started talking to a girl online. We easily found things to to talk about, and decided to meet up for a coffee (this was 2 weeks ago). The day of, I asked her if we were still on for that evening, and she replied yes. However, a couple hours later (right as I was getting ready to leave my house), she texted me saying that she was super stressed about exams and asking if we could reschedule. I told her sure and that I understand (it was the middle of exam time, and we both still had some exams the next week). Last week we rescheduled for this evening.

Again, I did a follow up asking if we were still on, and the plan was to go ahead. 40 minutes later she texted me again saying that her cousin is sick and had to help take care of her. She also assured me that "I'm not usually so flakey" and said she'd still be interested in rescheduling (as long as I was). Keep in mind, I still haven't met her in person, and since we're both in school and working we don't talk very much, so I really don't know her that well at all yet. Again, I said yeah, we can reschedule (I had a rough day at work, so taking the night easy is great for me). We have new plans for Tuesday afternoon.

I'm just wondering what others think about this situation. I've never been on a date before, and as I said, I don't really know her other than a few text conversations. I've decided that if she cancels with another excuse(?) that I won't try to schedule again. Maybe I'm too forgiving, but I do believe in second, and (in this case) third chances. She would send flirty messages, so I'm sure she must be interested in me in some way, but it is really hard to tell considering the cancellations.

#1 analogue, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey its tough to know but I think you are doing the right thing by giving her a last chance. I mean maybe she has just been really unlucky or maybe that is an excuse. I think if she cancels again then you probably have to cut your losses.
    There is a small part of me which wonders as the excuses are coming so last minute whether she is just really nervous and does want to meet you but at the last minute ducks out. I cant decide if that could be a thing or im just being too nice. I wish you luck.

3. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah mate, give her one more chance, but if you feel that's it, that makes sense. She does seem pretty flakey.

4. analogue

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Follow up: we had our date today! It went really well and we are planning to go out again.
    A couple hours before she texted me to ask if we were still on for 3:00. We were both there on time and had a good hour and a bit chatting/getting to know each other.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone