1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Crushes

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Masts11, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Masts11

Hello

First time posting, but need advice on the issue as im not fully sure what to do, and where to take it, but im sure im not the only one with this issue, and that issue is that I have a really, and I mean really big crush on this guy in my classes at school and I dont know what to do, he is perfect for me, he plays loads of sports, and he's really muscly and has chiselled abs, amazing jawline and cheekbones, perfectly tanned, amazing hair, I could go on for days but I just dont know what to do. I have literally the biggest crush on him, and its wrong because he's completely, 100% straight, he has a girlfriend (and I feel horribly guilty for crushing over him) and im really good friends with him, and his girlfriend, but thats my problem, ive attached myself to him, let me explain. Its gotten to the point, when im in the same room with him, im aroused, if he brushes past me, or even stands close, or like jokes around with me, or talks to me, I get a boner (sorry if tmi) and super aroused, ive found myself being attached to him, constantly hanging around him, to get the feeling, and I have fantasies about him and me together. I dont know what to do, or how to deal with it, im 16 and these feelings started for him around when we were 13, I also cant just walk away from him because we're both in the same classes and will be for the next 2 years or so, but when I was 13, thats when I started hanging around with him more, etc. Please help me, I dont know how to deal with this, and I dont know any LGBT people that I could ask, so I thought i'd come here, I just need to know how to deal with it.

Thank you all so much!

2. mlansing

Definitely a tough situation to be in. My main advice would just be to broaden your social circle as much as possible so that you're not too reliant on your friendship with him. You can certainly stay friends with him, but if you only hang out with him all the time you'll just fall harder and harder for him and it will become a toxic situation for you (assuming it isn't already). The best way to broaden your social circle would be to join clubs or activities that don't involve him and you will meet a lot more people and hopefully make new friends that will help you take your mind off of him some. You could also focus on getting really good grades and bury yourself in your studies. Whatever helps you get a little bit of distance to clear your head.

From what you've described it doesn't sound like he's in the closet himself, so I don't think sharing your feelings would really be the best idea. I think we all go through the super hard crush on a straight guy at some point, which of course doesn't make it less difficult, but it's always good to know you're not alone. Good luck.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree that you should not get too reliant on him. It's okay to feel attraction toward him, but if he is really straight, then your fantasies about being together with him are unproductive. He may be handsome, but don't idolize him as perfect in all aspects.

Does he know you're bi? Coming out to him could release some tension.