1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does my family know I'm bi?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by xMiki, Apr 29, 2017.

1. xMiki

Recently I've been thinking, and now I'm starting to wonder if my family knows, or at least suspects that I am bi... I'm an 18 year old female who is bisexual, though I haven't told any of my family.

My step-dad and mother in particular, seems to suspect me. One time my mother had been drinking and started talking about my future
    . She mentioned things like "I wouldn't care if you brought a woman OR a man home." Or whenever I would bring up gay rights, which my family knows I support, my step-dad just gives me an odd look. They have both said things like "I have nothing wrong with gays" or "I have plenty of gay friends" around me. I also found a book wrote for parents about their children. My mother bookmarked some pages, including things like a childs developing personality, the teenage brain, and one page in particular talking about your childs sexual orientation and how to accept them... I was freaked out to say the least, haha.

So, what do the rest of you think? Does my family know I'm bi, or suspect it? Thank you for the support!

2. Chronos

Chronos Guest

They probably suspect it, which means that they most likely A: won't be surprised when you come out, B: will support you, and C: won't disown you, all of which are good things.

3. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gosh, if I were you, I'd come out right away :grin:

4. Cortana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd say they know and they seem supportiv so if you' ready, tell them about your sexuality. I think it would be the best option if it's said out loud, even if they already know.

5. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly they don't sound like they KNOW, but they may suspect. I am not a part of your family and do not know them, but even if they have no idea that you're bi, they sound like they'd be pretty supportive.

Have some cake.