1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused about my family

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cammy, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Cammy

I came out non verbally to my family two years ago. this means I had a gf and they knew it so whamo I was "out" to them. they responded by cutting me out of the family. I have very little contact with mother about once a month for a day or two then back to nothing.

I'm so confused about this. I don't understand what I did wrong or why whatever it was is wrong to begin with. it's left me with barely any self worth and afraid to find a new girlfriend in fear i'll lose even the once a month interaction with mother!

not that the interaction is all together pleasant it's not it's just something I have to do because otherwise nothing gets done in a timely manner.

what do I do? I want a gf i'm so lonely but i'm also scared

help!

2. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, not sure how much help I can offer, but really sorry to hear you're going through this.

I told my mother I was bisexual about two weeks back. She attacked me for talking about the subject, and she hasn't talked to me since.

Your happiness should matter to a parent more than who makes you happy. A parent who doesn't accept you perhaps needs some distance. I know it hurts like heck to think like this about your mother, but seriously, think it over.

I still do not have an idea why families sometimes respond like this. I just know they sometimes do.

So, my advice, which is in no way gospel truth, is find yourself a girlfriend if you want one, and let your family accept you, or not.

Peace, blessings, hugs and cake.

3. Cammy

thank you. I may have to arrange things so it's easier on me

4. Really

Hi Cammy,

That sounds unpleasant, to say the least. Have you heard of Dan Savage? He has, what i think, is some excellent advice when it comes to "handling" parents who he says are basically misbehaving when it comes to their child being gay. He says it better than I can. Take a look at this video of his and see if you can use anything he says in order to move forward with your mom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxAa2Hd7q8k
    [YOUTUBE]TxAa2Hd7q8k[/YOUTUBE]

5. Cortana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you should talk to her directly. The fact that she interacts with you, even if it's just once in a month means that she cares for you after all.
    go talk to her about this topic and explain it to her, maybe she just don't know how to be around you or how to behave.
    But just like WeDreamOfPeace said, go for a new gf no matter what your family says. It's your life, if talking to your mother/family doesn't change thinks at all screw them for not accepting you.
    Big hug (*hug*) and be strong

6. Cammy

thank you all for your kind words