1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i tell her i like her?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tay98, Apr 30, 2017.

1. tay98

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So i've had a huge crush on my best friend for a while now. She's straight and has a boyfriend, but before you start telling me to back away, i'm not going to go after her. I respect her relationship with her bf, it's just that we always tell each other everything and i feel like i'm keeping such a huge secret from her. I kinda get the feeling she may already know I like her but i just want to tell her to just get it off my chest so i can finally move on from her. Do you think this will affect our friendship? We're extremely close and comfortable with each other so i don't want this to ruin anything but i feel like i need to tell her.

2. Cortana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If she really is a friend it shouldn't affect your friendship at all. Just tell her about your feelings and that you respect her relationship and that you needed that spoken out loud, basically what you just told us.
    Be honest with her, that's my advice.
    Big hug (*hug*) and good luck

3. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I had been in a similar situation, and yes, you should, and no, it shouldn't cause problems if she's really your friend...my logic behind telling my crush was that things would be weird for me anyway, so at least they would know why. And we've actually grown closer as friends because of it.

4. starmotive

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in a similar situation to yours (except my friend is questioning and not in a relationship) and everyone I've spoken to about it has told me to tell them and that if they're really your friend and your friendship is strong enough it shouldn't make a difference.

Personally I haven't worked up the courage to tell my friend I like her, but all things said, I think you should tell your friend how you feel.

Good luck to you :slight_smile: