1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrible idea or will it be alright? Pls send help.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by pouringrain, May 1, 2017.

1. pouringrain

A posted a thread a few below about how I'm possibly in love with my best friend, and although she's never voiced her feelings, there's definitely been instances and situations which have made me feel like it's not only platonic for either of us. (But hey, I could be wrong, so please help me lol). So the current rising issue is that my 2 best friends want to live with me again, and want to add her onto the lease next year as well, because we're all super tight knit and get along perfectly. However, this seems to be a super sticky situation for me, because I don't know if there could be some sort of slip up or I'd be tormented throughout the year if she ended up bringing someone else home.

Background info: we practically spend every single night together until 6am sitting less than an inch away from each other lol (one thing I don't do with my other best friends, we all sprawl out comfortably on the couch/floor when we hangout), so it's not like I'm not used to being around her a lot. I think I'm actually more with her than my own roommates this year. We go camping alone, and hangout alone most of the time and want to be alone together anyways, so it's not like I'm not comfortable around her. She's my best friend. Aside from my feelings for her, she's also the one I know can trust more than anyone. Ugh.

BUT with all of this being said, is this a trap??? What if we actually do end in a relationship? Or what if she pulls a 180 and decides she's bringing a boyfriend home? I'm so invested in this friendship and now my complicated feelings for her, that I don't know how I'd necessarily handle that. But all of this would mean that I'd have to lease my own apartment and live on my own, away from my roommates and best friends who make me the happiest.

What do I do?? This is an absolute mess. For the love of god, please give me advice on what you would do in this situation. Help pls.

2. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are your other friends against such relationships? Would that make it awkward to live together?

I can understand the boyfriend scenario being troublesome to say the least, but that would be a chance you will have to take if you all sign the lease. You need to be prepared for that, or get your own place and see her there.

Sorry, that is the best I can say.

Sebby45

3. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You said that you two end up alone together a lot. I recommend that you open up to her about your feelings for her one of those times. If you're really good friends, things shouldn't get TOO awkward, and even if your feelings aren't reciprocated, you may end up closer as a result anyway (happened with me when I was in a loosely similar situation)