1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giving her a letter/note before she leaves the country?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 143kc, May 2, 2017.

1. 143kc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I met a girl on a popular dating hook-up app about a month ago, and we have gone on 5 dates so far and I really like her. However, she just got out of a long term relationship (nearly 3 years) in January and doesn't want a serious relationship yet. I am ok with this fact because I am extremely busy (as is she) and I don't feel like pushing a relationship to form quickly is a good idea. We talked about the state of our dating our last date, and agreed on a plan where we would keep seeing each other about once a week until late May when she will go to study abroad in Spain, and then deciding when she gets back in mid July if this is something we still both want to more seriously pursue. I've connected with her quickly and we share similar pasts (overcoming a lot of abuse), and while I'll be sad if I never get to see her again once she gets back from Spain, I'll mostly just be happy that I got to meet her. I know that there's a decent chance that I'll never see her again after she leaves for Spain ( a month and a half with limited contact and not much basis of a relationship), and I want to do something nice for her our next date in case it is our last meeting. I have a lot of friends who have overcome abuse, and I call them my warriors, and I have bought most of them a simple necklace with a charm meaningful to them. I have a few ideas of necklaces I could get her. If I get her a necklace, I'm also thinking of writing a short letter about how thankful I've been to meet her along with words of encouragement. Is this necklace/letter idea dumb and a bad idea is we do end up working out and become an official couple once she is back? I do stuff like this for my friends also, so it's not out of character for me, however I haven't known her as long as I've known most of them before I do stuff like this. Any input is welcomed! Thank you.

#1 143kc, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
  2. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds like a good idea to me. I, personally, would melt.

3. A unicorn

That sounds very sweet and I think you should do it. It will also give her a hint that you like her a lot to be thoughtful like that. And it's not sth too much just sth authentic and based on your connection!!! Good luck with her :slight_smile:

4. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do it. If you don't I have a feeling you will regret it

5. 143kc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for the encouragement guys! I've never really dated before (I'm 19 and my ex was a friendship that shifted into a relationship), so I'm not sure how this really works, but I think that I'm going to go through with the letter/ gift! I'll respond with how it goes.

6. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a little late, but I agree with everyone, go for it! Please update :slight_smile:

#6 DirectionNorth, May 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017