1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

did i mess up?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hopelesskid, May 5, 2017.

1. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i like this girl in my English class. she doesn't really speak unless the teacher calls on her or if we work together in groups. she's really smart and she seem pretty cool and that's what made me attracted to her. i was going to tell her that i like her on the last day of class (which was Wednesday), however class got canceled because of serve weather. so i messaged her on our class discussion broad saying that i need her help and gave her my number. when she texted me, i came out and said i wanted to tell her this in person but class got canceled, and i said i hope this is isn't awkward but i think you're really cool and i wanted to get to know you better. and she replies back with yeah sure (i checked her facebook and she supports LGBT community but idk if shes gay). i panic because i never thought i would get this far, and i took 13 hours to reply back. the sad part is that it was my friend that texted the reply back, but i think what he said might have scared her off because she never replied back. he texted her this from my phone "hey sorry for not getting back sooner my phone died. what is your availability to meet up and hang out." it's been at least 12 hours since the message was sent with no reply back. should i give up on speaking to her? did my friend scare her away? i'm 22 years old and i can't talk to girls for anything! please help:bang:

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would send her a message explaining that your friend sent the previous one. And ask if she wants to meet up for coffee. It's possible that the abrupt change in tone of the conversation (due to your friend) may have thrown her a little.

3. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think your friend said anything wrong, you're probably just over thinking which i always do when people don't reply to me! It's okay, if anything she might be feeling shy about this and unsure of what to reply! I'd just wait for a response and go from there