1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I completely fuck up?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Renegades, May 8, 2017.

1. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So, this is a complicated story. Just letting you know that now. I have gotten over the rejection of a girl who I was in love with. She is pan, and I saw hope to be with her. I confessed my feelings for her in late November last year, and she rejected me, in probably the nicest way possible. It's been hard getting over her, as I was hopeful and confident in the possibility of us being together.

Now for the fucking up part. In the beginning of the same November, before my confession, we were both apart of the school play, with her as an actor and me moving set. This was that point where the only attention I wanted was from her. So I didn't even notice the amount of attention I was getting from another girl in the play. I don't know for sure if this girl liked me, but it seemed like it. Throughout the process of rehearsals and performances, she was very touchy-feely with me, and specifically me. She was a combination of supporting actor/curtain drawer. For the majority of the play, the set piece I moved was right next to the curtain rope. Every time a scene changed finished and we were both on the same side of the stage, she would come over and stand right next to me, sometimes hug me. Even if I was standing back in the hall or in the very back corner of the stage. I barely paid thos any mind, since I was so obsessed with the other girl, and constantly watched her during the scenes. So by the end of the play, the second girl and I had a pretty strong bond. I wanted to hang out with her more for the friendship I saw, but she is a senior, with me a sophomore, and that would've earned me strange looks from her friends. So throughout this semester, we have done another play together, the musical for my school, though this time I was in the pit orchestra with her once again as an extra actor, which isn't very relevant, but I thought i'd mention anyway. Last night was the cast party, and as it neared the end, we all were sitting around a bonfire and I stood for awhile before going over to sit next to her. By the time I had to leave, I'd gotten to the point where I was willing to rest my head on her shoulder. I couldn't help but note her laughing at my stupid jokes and references, and look on her face when I said I had to leave. When I hugged her to say goodbye, it felt like she didn't want to let go.

Again, I don't know for sure if she actually liked/likes me in that way cause I am terrible at reading signals like that. Also again, I am a sophomore and she is a senior, about to graduate in less than a month. So, did I completely fuck up a chance at having a relationship with someone who truly liked me?

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well its hard to say, maybe you could try and add her to facebook or something or try and bump into her before graduation and try and get to know her better.

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's still time. And remember, if she does like you (like that) she is also bumming about the end of school. And would be thrilled for you to make even a minor move, like telling her you will miss her and could you stay in touch? (True it is hard to "casually" do that if you are in totally different social circles.)

Remember, there is still the Summer for some time together. Be brave! She may be wondering "I gave her all the signs. Maybe she just doesn't like me... if only she would say something."

4. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with the others, possibly try to find a way to casually reach out to her. Or add her on fb and try to meet up and hang out outside of school. Best of luck!

5. duff0286

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yea go for it. The worst that can happen is that she says no. Just ask her if she wants to go grab a milkshake or something. Then you can talk about the plays you did. I'm sure that is your gateway in. Hope it works out.