1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she the one?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by starmotive, May 9, 2017.

1. starmotive

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a crush on my best friend. She's not the first girl I've ever had a crush on, I recognize that now. But she is the first person I seriously have a crush on post-coming out. I had a few 'fleeting' crushes on other lgbt friends after I came out, I think mostly because they were, for lack of a better way to put it, 'there' and I knew that they were gay too. What I feel for her is different than what I feel for the rest of my friends. I feel like she 'gets' me on a whole other level, she understands me. When I'm around her or when I talk to her everything just feels right, nothing feels forced. I feel so comfortable and 'at home' when I'm with her. I could spend all day doing nothing with her and I'd be happy. Actually we have done that before lol. Things are easy with her, I can talk about anything and everything and nothing is awkward or off limits. In the 10 years we've known each other I don't think we've ever gotten into a serious fight. We may have had some disagreements (I'm honestly not even sure if there were any, but there must have been?), but this is literally the only friendship I can think of where I've never had a serious argument or fight with the other person. It's almost uncanny how we get along. All this to say, how do you know when someone is 'the one' and not just a fling or casual relationship crush?