1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hooked Up With Straight Friend But Now Have Feelings and its KILLING me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CaliKid77, May 10, 2017.

1. CaliKid77

Okay so I have been looking for some help for a while now and this is probably the place to gain insight. Here is my story...it might be long but its has been eating me ALIVE for the past two months man....

Help

So theres this kid that I have knows for about four years now and we have always been friendly. He's three years younger than me but we knew each other from high school football and all have similar connections. We have always been 'bros' and snapchat regular guy things and what not. I always have thought he was attractive but never in a million years would have expected to do anything at all.

So on St Patricks Day he invited me over to his house which was odd because our friendship really never got passed the gym and school. I didn't really think anything of it or get excited but then we eventually ended getting really intoxicated and hooked up. I, for one, think that I'm bi but I am more romantically attracted to guys than sexually but just for reference on me. It just kinda flowed into that. He said before we hooked up that 'if I needed a place to stay for the night I can stay there' which was interesting. We got into his bed and talked for a WHILE before we did anything. And we talked about deep stuff like we really got to know a lot about each other and that intimacy really got me close to him on top of his looks. I couldnt believe this was happening because I for one am not too experienced with guy like that and the fact that this dude I liked in general was hooking up with me was crazy. I had this fantasy of a 'bromance'. I am VERY discreet and not out really. He never did anything with a guy before so we both have that discreteness and connection with each other.

The next morning I woke up fine and pinched myself. I had to go home so I left in the AM and then when he woke up later he snap chatted me. He said, "Hey man I really look up to you as a friend and think you're the man but what happened last night...that sh*t can never happen again." At first I was like okay no big deal but then after a day or so it really sank in and I was hurt. I felt like this connection we had that night might have been something but he did not seem interested. I texted him a lot and just to clarify what he meant like that. He said "it didn't feel good at all and I didn't enjoy it". Fine-I understand that (still hurt tho). Still has feelings for him.

The good news about this is that he was very accepting of the fact that I enjoyed it (I didn't tell him that I LIKED him but I told him I appreciated the connection). I am lucky that this did not destroy our friendship and he is a really nice kid in general. A week passed and he finally hit me up and asked for a ride to work because his car was totaled. I sprang at the idea because the car conversations were great bonding and stuff. I guess I still have this hope inside me that thinks something might happen. We went back to his house one day and he sat me down conversations flowed and you could tell he was trying to be nice and beat around the bush but the message he was trying to convey was that "I like you as a FRIEND and don't think that will ever happen again." I wouldve appreciated it if he actually was straight up with me. On the outside I was so chill with it played it off like "of course bro" but inside I was shot in the heart man. He got his own car now but we started to lift weights together at the gym which has been a good time. Its like nothing ever happened and we are still intimate in the sense that we converse while we lift. Then yesterday after three weeks straight of us two alone, he decided to bring his "best friend" with him. I don't think he did it out of ill intent but it TOTALLY changes the dynamic if the situation. We don't have that intimacy anymore and he is now focused on him more but we all three lift together. It pissed me off I guess its a c*ckblock? I don't know how to tell him that I don't want the other kid there.

So heres where Im at right now: Past two months I have been low key obsessed and very hurt. I guess some sort of denial of what he told me about being straight. A couple things I had a question on....Whenever we are around each other or with his friend he always talks about girls...like too much. Maybe its just bro talk but I didn't remember that before we hooked up. He always talks about girls he wants to smash or the girl he had over last night. Inside, it really hurts me a lot. I feel like crying when he says that. Do you think he says that because he wants to indirectly reiterate to me that he is not interested in me? Or maybe because he wants to cover up the fact that he might be bi-curious? Or maybe its just bro talk?

Anyways sorry about the long post yall. Hope you can help me. I am lifting with him (and Im assuming his stupid friend) today. We do it three times a week. Anyways thanks guys!

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your never going to know what he believes his sexuality is unless he figures that out for himself and tells you; and right now it does not seem he really knows the answer. What you do no for certain is his desire not to want to be physical again with you. You also know he is not romantically interested. You know this. You may not be accepting it right now, but his actions speak very loudly.

You will be doing yourself a disservice if you continue to wish, hope and want more than what he is willing to give you. So its is time to pinch yourself and snap out of it. You need to close the door on the relationship being any more than friends.

If hanging out with him makes that difficult, then consider hanging out with your other friends.

You need to emotionally move on.

3. CaliKid77

This is so true but hard to accept. Very true...Thank you

4. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It may be difficult to accept but at the end of the day...you pretty much have no choice but to move on especially if the other party involved does not feel the same as you do. I've learned a long time ago that when it comes to having a sexual encounter with a "straight" guy that first and foremost you must keep your feelings in check because even though the two of you may enjoy what has taken place sexually, but in the long run, for a "straight" guy to have sex with you will more than likely feel weird or awkward about it the next day or afterwards depending on the situation. This is known as being confused about your sexuality or better yet...DENIAL!!!!!!

Therefore, there have been many "straight" guys that I declined on going all the way with and there have been some that I did. However, I may flirt with them when I am aware that there is a sexual interest there...but I always let them make all the initiative moves so as to not have them to put the blame on me for their actions. Take care and I wish you well...JS

5. CaliKid77

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it

6. bluesky

when you said "hooked up" what exactly happened? like sexual intercourse? Did you initiate it or did he? or was it the both of you? if you don't mind me asking that is. Like how long was it going for and when it was going on, did it really seem like he wasn't into it? Sorry for all the questions, im just trying to understand this a little better.

7. CharacterStudy

I think for your own sake you need to step back from him and accept that nothing's going to happen. He didn't enjoy it, and he's now making it very clear he doesn't want to go there with you again, romantically or physically. You can only accept that.

There's a possibility he is into you or did enjoy it but is now struggling to accept that, but again, you've got to respect what he is telling you. Whatever, at the moment he is not in the place to reciprocate. He's being nice about it, I think he probably picks up that you're keen on him and he's brought the best friend to turn down the tension between you. That's what I'd do in a similar situation where a friendship (with either sex) had tipped into hooking up and I wanted to be sure it didn't happen again.

Were you drunk when you hooked up, and did he seem really into at the time?