1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stop thinking about an old crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by flyaway, May 11, 2017.

1. flyaway

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know what to do anymore. I used to have a massive crush on a girl and now she's gone. She moved to Australia and I did get over her (it took months of work), however, she came back last year to visit her family (she stayed shortly and then she came back to Australia) and I found her outside of school by pure chance. Of course, this fucked up with my head, but I got back on track and ready to mingle a couple of months later.

Now, even if most of the time I don't think about her, I still have regrets of not confessing my feelings and in a few occasions, I fantasise about finding her and confessing how I used to feel in the past (At this point, I don't even care if she used to feel the same, I only want this to be out of my system) or how I should've flirted back instead of freezing and being awkward .

I never told her how I felt because I was far more deep in the closet than I am now and because she told us in a group reunion that she didn't like women in that way. However, I was so conflicted because she used to give me mixed signs (like smelling my hair and being delighted about it while we were working on a project, that she'd rather be in all-college girls , a lot of eye contact, etc, etc) but maybe I misinterpreted everything and it was all in my head. It didn't help that she was very hipster and 1000% my type.

Since I wrote this a few days ago, the next day after writing this, I had a dream about her and we were in the past confessing our feelings and making out. :tears:

#1 flyaway, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
  2. CameOutSwinging

When you start to think about her, distract yourself. Force yourself to think about something else. Anything else. It won't stop the thoughts from happening, but it will stop you from dwelling on them.

I was talking to my therapist yesterday about not dwelling on thoughts and this was his exact advice to me too.

3. flyaway

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That sounds like an effective advice. I'll apply this when i think about her. Thank you!!