1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck as male

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Zurvan, May 14, 2017.

1. Zurvan

I'm stuck. I just turned 16 and have recently accepted I was a girl. I've known I've been trans for a very VERY long time. I've struggled with depression for sometime though Prozac helped. Though my biggest problem is that i'm stuck. My father is what you could say very "Transphobic",Very christan and conservative and quite the alcoholic. If I came out it'd very detrimental to a already very dysfunctional family. I just want to transition and go on HRT and I don't know what to do. I feel miserable.

#1 Zurvan, May 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2017
  2. duff0286

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Isn't it funny that christians and other religious people are supposed to spread love and learn to not judge etc. Yet they are some of the most judgmental and unkind people alive. I am not directing that comment directly by the way.
    Ultimately, you are who you are. You can the live the life your Dad says you can or you can be you. I know it isn't simple and it is going to take so much to come clean and take that step. If you are 100% sure you want to live your life under a new sex, then you need to do what feels right. However, your age may pose a problem. If your Father reacts badly, have you got somewhere else you can go? Will this new path affect your school studies? You have to think of your future too. Also, think about the consequences of living as a woman. Can you handle the pointing and staring you'll get. It's unfortunate, because everybody deserves to be happy in their own skin.