Me and my ex have a mutual best friend???

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Oniisan011701, May 15, 2017.

1. Oniisan011701

So when I was 13 I met a guy through my best friend Lo, who is like a sister to me... so me and him came out to each other when we were 14 and he is bisexual, he flirted with me aside from having a GF at that time, I had fallen in love with him and we talked daily, but she broke up with him and he came running to me, he asked me out and of course I said yes, two months later I hear he`s seeing some guy he just met at a party and I was heartbroken, at this point I was banned from seeing anyone coz my mom found out I was gay and I still was secretly in touch with him and my friends, so everything was just mounting and I snapped, I confronted him about cheating and then he got mad and he didn`t talk to me for weeks, we broke up, a few months later we started talking online again and we agreed to be friends but I was still secretly in love with him I guess, I would say we were almost best friends and I don`t call ppl a friend easily cause it has to be earned. Then he stopped talking to me out of the blue. I havent heard from him in half a year, i`m sorta bitter about him abandoning me, We have the same best friend Lo and when she talks about him I sorta get mad and its been bad for our friendship, I told her I want nothing to do with him and it made her sad... how do I go about this? I don`t want to lose her but she talks about him so much and I don`t know what to say, hope I didn`t sound shallow

2. duff0286

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your frustration is understandable. Maybe she can learn to not talk about him. Or maybe you can learn to tolerate it. Although he hurt you, you haven't seen him in six months. This is your chance to feel happy again.

3. Oniisan011701

I tried to talk to her once so we can figure out a way to go about it but she didn`t want to, so I guess having her stop talking about him won`t happen.... I guess you`re right just tolerating it may be the best option, thanks for the response

4. KiwiKiwi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you should work out some sort of compromise with her. Something like asking her not to mention him all the time, or if she keeps talking about him frequently, maybe just remind her that your really uncomfortable with her talking about him so much. You'd have to work it all out with her and talk about it all. She seems reluctant to talk based on what you said, but if any kind of compromise is going to be reached you two have to talk about it. It might be hard, but if your friendship is going to work out, you and Lo have to talk. I think if you two have a conversation where you explain to her why you don't like her talking about that guy and where she explains why that makes her sad and stuff, then you guys can work something out. Otherwise, I think tolerating it is your best bet. Hope this helps