1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I matched with an amazing girl on ****** whom I'm meeting this sunday. Advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by loving elijah, May 17, 2017.

1. loving elijah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there.

As the title says, I matched with an incredibly amazing girl on a dating site two days ago. We're super into each other and want to meet IRL as soon as possible, so we set up a date for this sunday. The thing is, I don't know if this is all going too fast. I mean I re-read our conversations and we sound so much like a couple sometimes, but we've only just met online! Is that weird or a red fag of some kind? lol :confused:

Also I'm kinda nervous because it's my first date with a girl (with very high probabilities of becoming my first kiss with a girl too). I get somewhat shy around people I don't know and I really don't want to screw this up. Do you have any advice on this?

#1 loving elijah, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello!

I don't think you are going too fast (apparently). You can't know other people solely through an app, so meeting up in person is not a bad idea.

Just be careful: Meet up in a public place, let a friend know where you are going, and, if, at any time, you gut tells you that something feels wrong, go away. Your safety is extremely important.

Now, if you have that in mind, then enjoy your date! Have fun and let us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

My tip is: Don't overthink it and don't make concrete plans in your mind (aside from the safety plan, like meeting in X place because it is public, for example). Don't overthink it like "oh, i will say X, and then she will say Y... and then i will smile, and then...".

Think of it like you are going to meet a friend, chat about stuff and maybe eat something together (because that's what's going to happen at first, right?). You aren't going to marry her tomorrow, you aren't going to enter a relationship immediately after a date ends... You are just going there to meet someone new and chat for a little bit, which is a fun thing to do!

Also, remember that it is perfectly normal to feel shy and nervous. She probably is too. And don't worry about "oh, i can't look like i'm nervous... i need to appear calm...", because being nervous in a date is extremely natural, and there is nothing wrong if she notices (or if you notice she is nervous).

TL;DR: Be safe, be yourself, and have fun!

3. mlansing

Sounds great! My only word of caution is that you really can't get a full sense for someone until you meet them. I fell pretty hard for a guy via a dating app just based on his pictures and our conversations, and then we met in person and things fell flat pretty quickly. Give it an in-person date, and then go from there! Good luck!!!

4. loving elijah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you guys for your advice and kind words! Here's a little update on what happened when we met in person:

We met in the center of my city, where there's an obelisk and a McDonald's. I got out of the subway and we recognized each other inmediately (she looked exactly like her pictures). So we started walking while talking and flirting a little until we sat on a bench next to the river. We talked some more there, and then she opened her bag, told me to close my eyes and gave me a letter along with a chocolate bar. Inside the letter was a beautifully written poem and a fabric pin with Double D (from Ed, Edd n' Eddy)'s shape on it! It was so awesome and thoughtful! I felt a little ashamed of what I bought her (some chocolates). She held my hand and we started walking again, this time while holding hands and flirting more directly. We kept on walking until we found a Burger King. We ordered something to drink and went to sit upstairs in a place where there were almost no people. We talked some more, and then we kissed. I can't begin to describe how I felt at that moment, I was so thrilled I forgot our surroundings and everything I could hear, touch and see was her. We cuddled and kissed some more until I had to go because it was getting late. We got out of there and kissed each other goodbye.

Summarizing: It was the most amazing date I've ever had and we had the same chemistry in person (if not more) than online! We're going on another date this thursday and I'm so excited about the whole thing! I really hope this lasts.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  6. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is awesome!!! Keep us updated with how things go.

7. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds almost too good to be true, aah! I suppose it's still possible though!

I'm serious though, it sounds great, and I'm often the pessimist? Few things sound great to me, eek.

Wish ya luck, hope all goes well! Looks like you're off to a good start so just keep marching on and remember to play it safe.

8. FallenChatty

Hi Loving Elijah! First, congrats on having a date and good luck on your upcoming date! I can tell in your words that you really had fun. Just take it easy, what ever's meant to happen will happen. Just enjoy the moment :slight_smile:

9. loving elijah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you guys, again, for your kind words and for reading this! Here's another update on the date we had last thursday:

This time we went to the cinema. We watched Pixar's "The Boss Baby" (which I enjoyed a lot btw, it's hilarious). We met outside the shopping building, gave each other a little kiss and a hug, held hands and then we got inside. We talked and flirted like crazy before the time to enter the theatre came. We were sitting in a little place in the building where no one could see us (secrecy ftw) when she knelt, took my hand and asked me to be her girlfriend. I said yes because really, she is awesome, I like her a lot and it felt right. After that, we watched the movie (cuddling the whole time, and kissing but not too much. I learned later that the reason why we weren't kissing that much was because there was a kid behind us watching everything we did LOL). Then we had lunch at a Burger King (yes, again. I'm starting to think this is not just a coincidence anymore hahaha), talked some more there and when we finished we kissed each other goodbye. It was fantastic, we're going out again next sunday (we can't meet very often because we live 7 miles away from each other and neither of us has a car, plus I go to college in the morning and she works in the afternoon). I didn't think I would be ready for this but I was, I'm surprised. Now I'm really looking forward to our next date. I'll keep you guys informed on how things go.

#9 loving elijah, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
  10. Really

Congrats! Sounds great!