1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still Heart Broken

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Uncolored, May 24, 2017.

1. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need an outlet.
    I have never been in an official relationship. I came out of the closet just under two years ago and before then I dated guys. Since coming out I have dated a number of women but never found one that fit what I was looking for. I have limited down what I am looking for; adventurous, Christian, traveling or active type, and long term seeking. Sounds easy enough right? Nope. As a 23 year old, it turns out that is hard to come by. I'm considerably conservative and old-fashioned, that seems to be rare in the lesbian community. AND THEN I FOUND IT, COMPLETELY OUT OF THE BLUE, on a dating site.... I found the girl of my dreams and BOOM she was everything I ever dreamed of, only better. Instant connection, instant chemistry. I walked away from our first date and said, "I am going to marry her someday." It was like God had put her in my life (and I still believe that). Our personalities seemed to click for the most part and we had every hobby/interest in common while still being two different people. I knew she was looking for long term and probably had marriage on her brain, just as I did.

We dated for three months. She had just gotten out of a serious relationship two months or so before we started talking. In that relationship she was going to propose to the ex before they split. When I was dating this girl (let's call her Kate), things were going great according to my standards - and I thought hers as well. We took our time, I did not bring a U-Haul truck (at her request), we were affectionate physically but still had boundaries until we were both ready. I did not push her, pressure her in any way but things had gotten to the point where they would advance soon, and this was nudged by her.

It ended. I don't know why. It just suddenly ended. Things faded via text message the last two weeks we were talking. After our last date I asked her to tell me what she wanted. A month and a half in she ended things also, but we were able to resolve that (she was going through some mental health issues, maybe even some irrational doubts).

I knew she was on the rebound after the breakup with her ex and I was her rebound. I am having a hard time processing this and I keep replaying in my mind "Why did she end things?", and "What went wrong?". I know that it wasn't my fault but I keep kicking myself. My dream girl slipped away and I don't think I will ever be able to find someone who compares. She was almost perfect in my mind. It has been a month and a half after she ended things and I am still devastated, still confused. I know that she is out on the dating scene again; she got right back into online dating within a week of ending things - which hurt. I suspect that she is rebounding again.

I don't know how to move on. I don't know how to find someone who even compares. I am worried that it is going to take me a long time to find someone else. I'm tired of being single and dating, I just want a girlfriend already. The pond is small and I am looking for a specific species of fish. Suggestions?

#1 Uncolored, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017