1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Do People Always Ignore Me.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by riley02, May 28, 2017.

1. riley02

The title basically explains itself but maybe I should go in to a bit more detail. So whenever I text someone they either automatically don't respond or they do and it's the standard "hey what's up" "nm u?" Etc. so like that goes on for maybe 5 minutes and then they ignore me which I guess is understandable. But I always try to keep the conversation as great as possible but people just do not put in the effort when they talk to me so then the conversation gets boring. Even if the conversation is going great like we're both really putting in the effort to respond with an actual response rather than like "idk, u?" Wel'll actually be talking about something but they still ignore me after like 5 mins again and I just don't understand it. Am I doing something wrong or do people just not like me.

2. holmes2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Im in the same position and im yet to understand why :/ I think its because the girls always think im hitting on them and the guys think im a raging feminazi bc im gay

3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sadly it's pretty clear when people aren't interested, and it sucks. It's entirely possible that there's just nothing to talk about at that particular time which is completely fair, but if it's all the time, there's probably not much you can do about it.

That doesn't mean it's something personal against you though. Some people click, and some people don't. It absolutely sucks when a relationship only works one-way, but life isn't fair. Nobody deserves to be ignored.

4. riley02

It's not even with just people I like everyone ignores me

5. DarkWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well from experience with ignorance it could be because of your low self confidence. Now I don't know how high your self confidence is but it could be the reason. Because when you don't believe in yourself you sound kinda desperate and nervous. And that could cause boring conversation too.

Don't be afraid to bring up a more personal topic. It can be about yourself and not many people find it boring. Overall you just neef to sound confident a natural, also few jokes conectef to the topic won't cause harm too. Hope I helped you somehow.

6. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha, I've been asking myself the same question for a little while now...