1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice and opinion

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Hunjuan, May 28, 2017.

1. Hunjuan

Hello everyone,
    I have a question about the relationship with my boyfriend. So we are pretty just start the relationship (7 months so far). We study in the same University but come from different countries ( both from Asian countries ). He is going to graduate probably next year, but I am still need 2 more years at least. So general speaking, we would encounter the long distance relationship at some point or forever. In our both countries, the same sex marriage are not legal or available. The last important thing is my boyfriend would not come out to anyone, which means our true relationship would be secret forever.
    Though I say its secret, but so far he treats me ok as long as I don't really speak out loud that we are boyfriends. Some of my friends and families already know, but he says its not possible for him to do the same with his side. So far I am still be able to accept that.
    He usually has to leave for academic purpose along his study, that leaves me alone, and makes me reflect about our future. I am curious that anyone has the similar kind of situation with me, and how will it look like in the future? (like we can meet only few times a year due to the VISA issue), and how to sustain the relationship?

Thank you so much

2. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should move away together if that is possible, at least once you are done with your schooling if he is still interested in being with you. Long term relationships rarely satisfy either side of they are long distance.

3. loveunrequited

First of all, your significant other is there to support you no matter what life throws at you both. SO even if he/she has to move away that is a conversation that you both have to have.
    Ask yourself these questions:
    Would be able to handle a long distance relationship?
    Would you be able to trust them?
    If he/she is planning to move would they be willing to put their plans on hold until you both are ready to move together?
    If you decide that the long distance would work, is the place somewhere you both could be together? and so forth.

Good luck, communication is the key