1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think she's into me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KartoffelWal, May 28, 2017.

1. KartoffelWal

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, there's this girl I like, and we've known each other for about a month or so. We started texting and she keeps sending me hearts, calling me adorable, and even called me handsome in one instance. I'm just not sure if she would like me because I'm a trans guy and she's a lesbian. Anyone have any advice?

2. jaybirdy

Well, as I see it (and this is just me) there's a couple options.

1. She may see you as the "gay best friend" type, where she, as a lesbian, assumes that you will understand that she's not attracted to you because "she's a lesbian so how could she be"? If this is the case, she's making some assumptions.
    2. She may not be as "lesbian" as she believes. Sometimes people can find that one person that just makes them interested even though it's typically not "their type." Maybe she's discovering her bisexuality, or maybe you're a one and only exception.
    3. She may see you as a type of "Butch Lesbian Extreme" since you're trans, in which case, she may be guilty of "fetishizing" you. But this is probably not conscious, probably not intentional and almost certainly not malicious, so please don't go rambo on her thinking that this is what is happening.

Basically, you should talk to her. Maybe ask her if she sends hearts to everyone she talks to, if she's ever dated anyone other than a girl, if she's ever considered dating a transperson, etc. You won't know until you clear it up with communication.

#2 jaybirdy, May 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2017
  3. KartoffelWal

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, yeah I should probably communicate with her a bit more on the subject lol.

4. photoguy93

My advice is to always assume they aren't, then have a conversation with them.

I know it's not romantic, but I have spent wayyyy too much time of my life thinking someone did and finding out they had no interest in me.