1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transition from Crush to Friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by starbucksshoote, Oct 5, 2009.

1. starbucksshoote

I'm trying to move from having a crush on my straight friend to being just friends. I know that if I don't succeed at this, I will likely have to stop having him as a friend altogether, and that really disappoints me.

What tips and approaches have people found that work? I know that some suggest distance/space, possibly only hanging out in group scenarios - what other approaches are out there?

Thx.

2. guacj

I think that the best thing you could do is to either distance yourself a little. Do you have a boyfriend? I would also try to make sure that the only time you spend with him is not alone time. I really don't think that there is anything else that you can do? At least nothing that I can think of.

3. Synth177

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just try to wait it out. I used to have a crush on one of my friends and it was so bad that I really couldn't stay any where near them without feeling really awkward. I distanced myself from him for a little while and I eventually got over it. Now it's pretty much the way it used to be.