1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Colton, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Colton

Is it bad that within the first 5 minutes of doing something with my family (mom, dad, and brother. not extended family.) that i want to just get away and be alone? I mean, i just really dislike their presence after a little while...

2. Colton

oops sorry. I think this should have been posted in the Support section.

3. Greggers

Im the exact same way. Im sure i could make a math formula about how for every extra family member in the room i feel 'x' more depressed or something. During holidays its really bad and i just escape downstairs and watch stuff on my laptop.

We cant pick and choose our family as they say. Some people just got really bad luck...

4. mmilam75

My family is the exact same way. I love them, but we get along really well when our time together is managed in small doses. Obviously, if you're younger, that doesn't always apply, but take heart...it will get better eventually :slight_smile:

5. Believe me, I know what it's like to have a shitty family. My mom is a mean-spirited drunk, my dad is a marijuana addict, 3/4 of my grandparents are dead, I've had no contact with my dad's family in six years, my sister is a heroin addict, my aunt is a vicodin addict, my grandma doesn't give a shit about me, and I never go to family gatherings. I despise the majority of them. There's absolutely nothing I can do other than ignore them and wait until they're dead to start living. I don't think I'll ever be out to most of them, due to the fact that they would hate me even more. I try not to think about it. It makes me want to (and I have done it) punch a hole in the fucking wall.

6. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love my family a lot, but sometimes things are just like that with family. Parents have so much expectations sometimes... And they can be embarassing... But honestly, it gets better when you move out... they stop trying to turn you into their perfect child... and they, atleast for me, stopped comparing me to my brother.

7. Zume

I can honestly say I know exactly how you feel.. unless watching a movie with them or something to keep yourself pre-occupied it can cause headaches.. :bang:.. I'd say most people feel this way about their family from time to time..if not all the time

8. colmanic14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    don't worry lol im sure itt'll get better with time. little late on this post lol

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Support is always great, but this thread is nearly two years old. Mods generally ask not to bring back a thread that's old.