1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fucking HAD it with my family

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Roxas101, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh... I think I need to rant a bit here.

I think I just talked back to my mum for the first time in... Oh, I don't know... Ever?

Apparently I'm a failure of a son, who does nothing useful and should just drop out of school, go get a job and move out. You have no idea how tempting that option is to me right now.

*deep breath*

Apparently, because I refuse to let my sister use my computer for photoshop, I'm a selfish asshole as well. I still don't quite get how that works... My computer is mine. I paid for it with my own money. It's in my room, in my space and she doesn't seem to get that there is NO. WAY. IN. HELL. I want my fricking sister going in my space and using my stuff. I couldn't give a shit about photoshop, which seems to be her issue, its more the principle of the thing...

Eh... Done with my rant for now. The most annoying thing is that my sisters boyfriend moved in with us because my mum went and turned his parents not wanting him spending so much time at our house into a full scale war. Oh yeah, apparently he's better than I am as well. She said so.

I think I just want to curl up into a ball and cry, or run away and never come back again, but I'm sure it'll pass soon enough. It generally does.

Comment if it actually matters to you, it doesn't to me.

2. Doreibo

Hey Bro.

Sounds like things are pretty rough over there at the moment. It might be because of all the extra stress and little things building up that this kinda stuff is coming out as it is. I might be reading into it too much, but it also sounds as if there's something else going on, aside from being gay and sitting the HSC, and the problems you told us. I reckon, though, that things will probably blow over. Besides, the things that are said in an argument always come out worse than intended. If your mum was the one saying the most then chances are, she will be the one regretting it all the most too. Try to just power through this for now, but talk it out too. When things cool down, just talk about it to some one who will listen. Hopefully things work out bro. Oh yea, also your last line there was a lil cold. I hope that you do actually care though. I find it hard not to.

HANG IN THERE KITTY!

#2 Doreibo, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  3. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all: deep breath. Even if you already took one, it never hurts to take a few more.

When your mother said these things she was angry, and when people are angry, they tend to generalise. You don't yell at people that they're "slightly annoying" or that "they're wrong in this case". Instead, the one you're fighting with is "the most annoying person ever on the face of the earth" and "always wrong". What people say in anger is just babble to package their emotions in. So don't take anything she said as the thoughts she thinks when she's calm.

Maybe she's just stressed out as well and feeling like she's losing control. I'm not a parent, but I'm having the impression that a lot of parents feel that way as their children grow up. Having an unexpected new houseguest might be stressing her out as well.

I agree with Doreibo, above, that you should try to bring this up again at a later time, when everything is quiet. It's not exactly fun to tackle hard topics like this when there's no immediate reason to, but if you don't, it will lie dormant until it explodes all over again. Talking back in an argument is futile, but having an honest discussion might work.

Just try to be nonconfrontational when you bring it up. Definitely don't start yelling yourself, but just mention that you feel a bit threatened by having people barge into your room to use your computer.

Fighting is tough and upsetting, but I'm sure things will end up OK in the end. (*hug*)