1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family on FB. How do I delete them?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheEdend, Apr 28, 2010.

1. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

So, I have a lot of family members on my facebook and they don't know that I'm bi or anything. I have been ok with it until now because I'm out to my friends but I still have to act like I'm straight on FB. Its really frustrating.

My question is. How should I go about it all? Should I just delete my family and go with it or should I delete the FB and start a new one?

My family isn't ready to tell my extended family yet and I will respect that, but I really want to be able to put pictures of me and my bf on FB and things like that. Is rather silly, I know, but It really bothers me for some reason.

2. KnightAssassin

make a seperate one ?? aswell try telling them one by one . or remove them [ idk how to atm not on FB] i private messaged each one of mine and told them over time and then added after i messaged so try new profile and slowly transitioning into that one.

3. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

If you scroll down on the bottom left it says

Suggest friends for ______
    report/block this person
    remove from friends

I believe you are looking for the third one

4. Zumbro

Certainly don't start an entirely new FB. I can't imagine having to re-add all of my friends or pictures. o_0

If you wander through the settings you can remove your family pretty easily, or just put them in a list that is basically so limited they can't see anything.

5. British Lad

British Lad Guest

you do know now that, you can stop certain people from seeing certain stuff like photos and your sexuality statues

6. itIsMe

Yup! You can set some privacy settings that allow you to choose what can the others see. If you put your family in a list, you can set specific permissions for only that list.

7. Gambit

you dont need to make a new facebook. Just go to account>>>privacy settings>>>profile info and there you can block certain people from seeing specific info in your profile.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ That.

Lex

9. EM68

Great advice. I had to edit what my cousin sees. I am not out to my Grandma and Aunt.

10. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

wow, the title makes it seem like I can't find the delete button xD

That's awesome advice. Didn't know anything about it until now. Figured it out, put them all on their own little group and made it so they can basically only see some pictures and message me haha

Thanks guys :slight_smile:
    I finally was able to change my relationship status!
    Such an irrelevant thing, but I was soooo happy! haha

11. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    While you can control information on a piece by piece basis (for example hiding sexuality from certain friends), you will have to either be very diligent, or place them on limited profile (which would still be very apparent to them), which if you don't talk to them that often, won't matter.

Otherwise, if you were to change your status you will end up with this:
    You may also end up with stuff like this:
    I'd hate to be afraid of having to monitor those sort of posts.

12. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Ya, I was worried about the same thing and decided to limit a lot of things. If they ask, ill just tell them that my mom got paranoid and made me do it for everyone. Is not like they will ever know it was a lie haha

You can hide tags, statuses (and updates like that), the entire wall and specific albums. Me and my boyfriend tried different things to see if they showed and nothing :slight_smile: