1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Have a Crush on my Straight Friend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bookworm43, Jun 23, 2011.

1. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

This title pretty much explains it. So I have this friend and she's really cute and nice and quirky and she doesn't know i'm gay. but i must have been giving off some gay vibes at the beginning of our friendship, because she took me aside and told me that one time that she kissed a girl during a game of spin the bottle and she didn't like it. T_T a little part of me shriveled... ok so this was about six months ago and i've tried to get over it since then but i'm in such denial because i love hugging her and being around her and aghh this can only read to trouble...what should i do?? ps i know for a fact that shes straight because she has a huge crush on this guy and she cried when he turned her down for dancing at this school dance soo ya i'm pretty sure she's straight :icon_sad: helpp please

2. trannydude

try to find a new crush, and point out to yourself all of the things about her you dont like.

3. This.^

And also, as much distance as you can manage. Both emotionally and physically.

Besides, as amazing as you think she is, how can someone be good enough for you if they aren't into you back?

This is hard though, I get that. Good luck (*hug*)

4. Bart93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have the same problem with my BEST friend....so it is going to be hard to cut off all ties.

I just have to wait 3 months until I leave for college this fall.

5. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Hello and Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

Try not to be alone most of the time, as the chances are you will think of her. I don't mean to distance yourself as this may have problems on your friendship and depression may root (plus, there is a high possibility you will be fantasizing about her...if you don't see her for a prolonged period of time).

What are your thought on letting her know? If she is your friend... you may be able to reach a conclusion (and once it is out there... you ma be able to enter a final acceptance that there can't be anything). After all this is hurting you, and friendships where one is the martyr are not true friendships in my opinion... but rather illusions of friendship.