1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a crush on a friend of mine in my drama class...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by don29002, Oct 4, 2011.

1. don29002

There's a freshman named John that I have a crush on and I don't know his sexuality. I'm a sophomore, so... yeah. Me and John are in the same drama class and these are some scenarios that he's done:

1) He blew me an air kiss;
    2) We as a class had to do role playing and pretend we were at a gala and every time our teacher passed us "cake" we had to become another character each time. So by the last character (the 4th one) I saw John and he asked me as a joke "Wanna have sex?" and I started busting out laughing but our teacher wanted us to bring it in as a class and "discuss" the role playing.
    Although if we were alone and he asked me that, I would've gladly had sex with him, he's hot....
    3) Today we were roleplaying again today but it was in the style of the Mafia games except we turn around, close our eyes for 3 minutes, and then turn around again, our teacher says "There are 3 killers" and we would have to walk around and "introduce ourselves" to our classmates in order to see who the killer (or killers) is. (The killer is anonymous and walks around just like we do) By the time I saw John I pretended I was a British actor named John Tyler with a weird British accent, and that I had "just got off the boat from England." So I walk up to John and "introduce" myself (even though for real we're friends) and I said "Ello, I'm Jon Tyler and I'm an actor. I just made a movie with Angelina Jolie." And here's John: "I'm Carlisle, I'm a plastic surgeon, and I'm gay."
    Well we did have to roleplay and make up a character.... and a profession, and John added an orientation...

But John is always acting gay. Doing gay gestures and the like. I'm not stereotyping, I'm just saying. So anyway I'm bi and I have a massive crush on him as I've said already. We know each other just in drama class (the last period of school) and not outside of school. What should I do to get to know him better?
    Btw I haven't told him I'm bi yet.

2. maverick

I think in drama you have at least a higher than 50% chance that he's gay, especially based on the presented evidence.

Why don't you just ask him?

3. Bi As A Kite

Graaaaaagh I know how you feel. Kinda. Sadly there are many, many attractive guys out there who think it's fun to 'act gay' and enjoy flirtatious (is that even a word?) behaviour.

If you have the courage (and ideal opportunity) to take maverick's advice and just ask him, you might save a LOT of hassle and....a nightmare.

4. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Something like stopping him after drama and saying "You know, you're a lot of fun to roleplay with! Do you mind coming along for a drink after drama class sometime?"
    should work.

If he says no, then that's you answer, but if he does tag along, that's already a start to getting to know each other better!

5. george678

Hey there,

Well it certainly looks like he could well be from what you have said.

Ask him he might be trying to hint to you and asking for your helping, especially if your open which you say you are.

6. HantsBen

Certainly a possibility that he's gay, if you are really close why don't you tell him about yourself :slight_smile:

7. Mad Man L

Get to know him, and while getting to know him, ask him if he's gay/bi.

Quite a few guys I know act quite gay (to the point where you'd swear something more is happening) yet they're completely straight. I was talking to someone yesterday who was (I'm presuming joking) talking about how because I liked his status on Facebook I'm DTF. That being said, he didn't know I was bi (I don't believe).

But I'm starting to think that he probably is gay. Just by how you describe him, not to mention he said he was gay in his role-play. If he was straight, he wouldn't make an issue of that.

8. FloatingPiano

I think that there is a good possibility that he is gay, but you never know. I know a few guys that you would swear they were gay, but aren't.

I would say just invite him to go do something after school. Hang out, and get to know him better.

9. don29002

I actually still have a major crush on him but I don't wanna go out with him. He's really more mean and sarcastic to me now than he was in the beginning when I first posted this. I know I should still get to know him, but I don't wanna have built up our friendship all for nothing where he doesn't wanna be my friend.

Have you seen a thread about my friend Matt? I think he's the one for me :slight_smile: